So it’s high time I got around to doing this, actually blogging on this shell of a blog for once. I’ve been doing this for a the past few years and I really should keep this up else nothing will ever get posted here. I’m talking about new year resolutions of course.
Surprisingly I actually accomplished more than I expected. I totally forgot about this list after I posted it last year but I seem to have somewhat kept to it.
Resolutions for 2013
- Read more, really want to keep reading more - Definitely started reading more from the summer break onwards. Really should finish the Animorphs series soon, been a real nostalgia trip trying to finish the whole series now. Haven’t quite read as much as I would have liked, but close enough.
- Write more, I want to stop letting this blog rot away - Definitely failed miserably at this. I had a grand total of ONE post the entire 2013. It’s amazing how difficult it is to actually start writing even when I feel like it.
- Exercise. Feels good to start playing basketball again after two whole years of not touching it – Kind of failed at this one as well. Did alright during the first half of the year but then just kind of fell off…
- Keep studying hard. I really am a changed man since uni began, I’m actually paying attention. Wonder how long I can keep it up - Didn’t do as well this semester, but I don’t really regret the amount of effort I put in. I did what I could, just hope I can somehow pull it up again during the coming semesters.
- PLAY MORE GAMES. I can’t believe I’m spending so little time playing games nowadays till the point where I actually have to put this in my new year’s resolutions - Might have overdone it on this one. I actually started playing Dota again, something I never ever imagined myself getting back into. It’s been nice to start playing games again, no idea how I got off it in the first place, but I got to keep it under control still.
- Get an internship? - Don’t even get me started on this one. Every single internship requires prior experience, which is kind of hard to get if I haven’t had an internship before. Of course, you’re expected to be a code junkie and have googled everything before and coded webpages and iPhone apps and everything prior to even thinking about getting an internship. The one internship I could apply for that didn’t have such stringent requirements ended up netting me an interview at Sommerset 313… at Toast Box in the middle of the food court. And even then the guy STILL expected me to have experience, he just didn’t list it in the requirements, and he expected me to work for free. If internships in tech are this hard to get, I’m dreading trying to find a job in the future…
- Code an actual program for once? - Nope, didn’t do this either, though I did start reading up and watching a ton of game development tutorials. Despite thinking that I would only play games and never develop them, it’s almost starting to look like that’s what I might end up doing anyway…
- Be nicer to Char. 4.5 years and still going <3 - 5.5 now
Now on to this year I guess:
Resolutions for 2014
- Read even more.
- Write. Write. Write. Write. Write. Aiming to have at least a post a month here. I’ve slacked off for way too long.
- Improve at pool. Consistently. I want to be able to run out almost any open table by the end of the year.
- Exercise. I can’t believe how pale I’m getting, kind of disgusting…
- Code. No seriously I really gotta start coding if I want to actually have a shot at getting an internship.
- Learn stuff. I don’t know if it’s because I recently started watching a bit of Jeopardy, but I really have lost touch with current affairs and my general knowledge isn’t what it used to be (relatively speaking). This resolution is kind of weird, but I just hope to actually learn some meaningful stuff this year.
- Study Study Study.
- As always, be nicer to Char. 5.5 years in a couple day’s time. <3
Looking back, it seems like I’ve finally given up on the piano. It’s just too time consuming and especially since I started staying in school I rarely have access to one anyway. Maybe I’ll pick it up again in a couple of years. We’ll see.
I guess I kind of “wasted” 2013 away. Nothing too memorable or noteworthy. Here’s to a better 2014.Read More